Wednesday

Confession

I need to learn to be kind.

Seriously.

But every time I make a new commitment to it I have to deal with a really difficult customer. Let me just say that the old adage that "the customer is always right." Is one of the boldest lies ever told. The customer is almost never right. And if you tell them that, you might even get the privileged of being sworn at.

Or someone raises their hand at church to make that comment that makes you cringe. You know the one about how they are the ultimate fighting champion and how somehow that has to do with the pride cycle? And I can't help but laugh to try to make the awkwardness go away.

Or when someone you know looks just like Sheldon's Girlfriend on the Big Bang Theory and you just HAVE to point that out to the girl sitting next to you.

And if someone has put a huge real life sunflower in her hair, like the size of her head for real. I have to say something. That kind of thing HAS to be acknowledged.

In Stake Conference this weekend they were talking about giving up our favorite sins and I was sitting next to an anonymous friend who said "But I only watch rated R movies in the theater." and I said "But I really like to gossip." Then we agreed to band together in not yet being willing to give up our favorite sins. I also like to speed. But that is a story for another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment