Tuesday

My Personal Dictionary

You know how when you are typing on your phone and it doesn't recognize the word but you hit space anyway it saves it to your phone? Well I found out that you can go into your personal dictionary on your phone and clear those saved "words." Because after awhile you have so many of those special words saved as actual words in your phone that you can send some really awkward text messages. Or messages that make no sense at all.

While cleaning out my personal dictionary this afternoon I cleared out a few choice words:

Words like:
Unwelconet
Slvepee
Sliveraso
Scotter
Robbindz
Stivk
Pardi
Petsinel
Oberstick

What in the world was I trying to type? But at least they are not in there as legit words anymore. Some words in there make me smile because I know Exactly what text message I sent when that word was needed.

Words such as:
Concina
Cowtown
Cuppycake
Formosa
Frenchie
Gassy
Kazoo
Kmarts
Nerdy
Novia
Pokemon
Redneck
Skort
Snotty
Wagstaff
Yodeling

Then there are the words that are uniquely Annie. Either because me or a close friend invented the word, or because it is something the world is not as familiar with as it should be like Winco or the Uintas. These are words I did not delete.

Words like:
5alot
Awk
favs
Huskers
Phillies
Pidge
Schnoozle
Scnuzzle
Swoozle
Sicky
Squish
Uintas
Whateves
Winco
Zacula

A couple of those are actually nicknames I made up for dear friends. Because in my life you haven't been initiated into full friendship if I still call you by your first name.

Now it is your turn to go clean out your phone dictionary. See what kind of words you make up and report back.

It is easy on a Droid, select settings> Language&Keyboard> Touch Input> Personal Dictionary. Easy as pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment