Thursday

Lately...

Yesterday at the grocery store this lady kept calling her daughter "momma." I thought that was real strange but my roommate says she heard it on her mission all the time. Maybe I will start calling my Papa daughter. He likes it.

* * * *

I don't make New Year's resolutions. But my dad told me to kiss a boy so... Maybe I will get to work on that one.
He has a specific one in mind for me.

* * * *

When I hear classic country music I am always taken back to afternoons at home with my mom. The radio was always on in the background while Kate and I colored at the table and mom paid bills, or we played unicorns and cheetahs on the floor while she vacuumed, or we ate raw spaghetti while she started dinner. She was always busy, the radio was always on, and we were always somewhere near by.

* * * *

I was just thinking about how when dad would come home the first thing he would do, after hugging us and kissing mom, was turn off the radio. Katy and I would wait on the couch looking out the window. When you saw a car coming down the highway with only one headlight you knew it was dad.

* * * *

They hired someone to help me at work. She is a lot of help, but I am learning more and more, how hard it is for me to relinquish control of things.

* * * *

I am getting better, however, at relinquishing control of my life to my Heavenly Father. "You do it" I like to tell him. Then he takes control, stretches me to my limits, and I look back at who I used to be and barely recognize her.

* * * *

My favorite thing to look back and think is "Heavenly Father, thank you for telling me no. Oh how glad I am that I did not get what I wanted."

No comments:

Post a Comment