Wednesday

Random

Why do I spend ALL my spare time
on Food Gawker when I am dieting?

You would think I would be kinder to myself.


* * * * *

I have been studying the concept of cellular memory
and it is fascinating.

Do you know scientists are discovering that
our heart is like a mini brain?
That it stores memory and influences
our thoughts and actions?

It is way more involved, interesting,
and cool than I am going to make it sound here.
I'll send you a link to an article or two if you are interested.

* * * * *

I cried three times yesterday.

Once in front of my boss,
once at the Maverick,
and once in the parking lot of the Comfort Inn in SLC.

Needless to say I was an emotional mess.
Not even Keith Urban was helping. 

Then I spent the evening with one of my BFFs Lolly.
Who made it all better by just being there,
and making time for me.

By the time I drove home I was all smiles.

* * * * *

For those of you who saw last night's Facebook status.
The one stating that I was almost certain,
I was Telestial Kingdom material.
Don't worry it had everything to do with
what happened at the Maverick.

And my guilt had everything to do with why I cried
at the Comfort Inn, and why I went back,
braving 5pm traffic to make it right again.

I haven't decided yet if I am going to share the story.
It is funny, in a way.
At the time it was simply stressful, crazy, and a little terrifying.

* * * * *

I am really so so grateful to Lolly.
I really needed a friend last night,
and she and Katy were miraculously there
to laugh with me about it,
and made sure I didn't feel too bad.
Then we went hot tubbing.
You guys are the best.

* * * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment