Wednesday

Vanilla

I find that sometimes at work, when I am doing something particularly monotonous, 
music just isn't enough to keep my brain occupied. 

The other day on America's Test Kitchen they were doing taste test of Vanilla extract and Imitation Vanilla. I learned a few things I found interesting. Real Vanilla by law has to contain at least 35% Alcohol, which does NOT entirely cook out of what you are making. Not that a tablespoon of the stuff will make you inebriated or anything, but if you are using it in something that you don't heat up at all, the main flavor will be alcohol.

In taste test the imitation vanilla actually did better.
But here is the kicker.

Do you know what imitaion vanilla is?

it is the derivative of coal tar or paper processing. 

It is TAR or PAPER

YUCK

No comments:

Post a Comment