Thursday

Cancer makes my heart hurt

Cancer seems to be effecting more and more people in my life. More than half of my best friends have lost a parent to cancer at a very young age.

My old seminary teacher was JUST diagnosed with stage 4 cancer, and the dad of one of my good friends here locally was just diagnosed and is also already stage 4. My heart is breaking for these families.

One of my favorite roommates from college fought cancer, went into remission and went on a mission. Fought it again, went into remission and got married. She has just now gone into remission again. People my age should be having babies and planning their future. Not fighting cancer.

Is my perception just changing or are more and more people's lives affected by cancer? It makes my heart hurt to see what it is doing to the lives of so many people I love.

Maybe I should wear more sunscreen...

No comments:

Post a Comment