Saturday

Substitute Mommies

I don't care how old you are. You need a mommy. I will take no argument on that point. I find myself ALL the time thinking that I'll just call mom because she will know. This past week when I was on deaths doorstep with a killer strain of flu I desperately needed her. In her absence I have a multitude of substitute mommies.


My sister and I have had to become more than sisters. We have had to learn to take care of each other. I have bosses that have become much more than bosses. Receptionists in my office that have taken care of way more than office problems. Friends that have been nurturing and more understanding than necessary. Woman in my wards who have gone out of their way to take care of me. Etc. Etc.

It is amazing how many people have stepped in to help take care of me. I am constantly amazed at how blessed I am, It is also amazing to me how with all of these amazing women in my life It doesn't even begin to fill the gaping whole a missing mother leaves.

However, I am very grateful for the amazing women in my life that make that whole feel a little less gaping.

No comments:

Post a Comment