Tuesday

Unplugging

I Deactivated my Facebook. I know, crazy, I always think the when other people do such. I already got a few text asking why I defriended someone. I didn't unfriend you. It's not gone forever. But I will be off for some time. I also canceled my Netflix, Hulu etc. It's all part of a new commitment I am making to take care of me and spend more time in real life. So far my commitment has included more of the following:

  • Temple attendance
  • Walking around the neighborhood 
  • Meeting new people
  • Taking classes
  • Exploring my city
  • Going on culinary adventures
  • Planning camping/fishing trips
  • Writing a cookbook
  • Painting
  • Being more productive at work
  • Writing genuine hand written letters
  • Talking face to face with real people
  • Really preparing my primary lessons
  • Eating better and making it all from scratch.
  • Concerts in the park
  • Calling home
  • Gallery Strolls
  • Reading in the hammock
  • Keeping my room clean
  • Intensive scripture study
  • etc.
  • etc.
  • etc.

I bought this book while Kayla and I were exploring a boutique at 9th and 9th called Hip and Humble.

It has a lot of great ideas and we are doing them!

I am still blogging (obviously). I will still instagram. Follow both and hopefully you will notice the changes in myself that I already have. Text me your address and I'll write you a letter. Seriously.

I have already noticed a difference in my energy levels,  my relationship with my savior, my general happiness, my gratitude, and my creativity.

P.S. The other night Kyle D and I went for a walk through the neighborhood. He would change our route as he saw trees that he thought might smell good. I noticed last night that my entire neighborhood just smells like spring.


I didn't defriend anyone. I am simply trying to be a better friend to myself, and in the end a better friend to all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment