Tuesday

Love Language

Do you know what your love language is?

You can take the test here

It is no surprise to me that I am basically two, physical touch and quality time, and score almost a zero on everything else.

While I was struggling and super stressed a few weeks ago a friend asked me what he could do to help."I just need to spend time with you" is what I told him. When it didn't materialize I felt horrible. He didn't do anything wrong he was just busy, I am assuming, but it felt really awful anyway.

Then when I told another friend that I was feeling stressed he said "When am I coming over?" and we spent an evening together grocery shopping and chatting and I felt all better. Without ever bringing up what was actually stressing me out. 

It is hard to have quality time as a love language because, I understand how busy people are. It just makes it that much better when time is found and spent with those I love.
Isn't it great to learn about ourselves so we understand why we do the things we do?
 

2 comments:

  1. hey thanks for this link. I've been needing to take this test. It is so much nicer when I understand myself, and the person I love to love most.

    ReplyDelete
  2. o my goodness... i totally would never have guessed my "love language" was service. interesting! and my next one was quality time too! now i feel all complicated and stuff...haha

    ReplyDelete