Wednesday

Eating Alone

I am reading this book titled What We Eat When We Eat Alone. It is very interesting. Some of the things people say they eat when they eat alone are disgusting such as, mustard on a tortilla with coffee grounds. Yick! Or Old bread dipped in whiskey and ketchup, not my thing. Or grilled cheese with Jalapeno Jelly, which I might try if someone made one, but I certainly wouldn't go out of my way.

Some people's confessions sounded delicious though. My favorite was the potatoes sliced thin, fried, then eaten with a sauce made from Greek yogurt, feta cheese, and mustard. Or a baked sweet potato with goat cheese and butter. That all sounds like I need to try it.

It has me thinking about what I eat when I eat alone. These are some of my favorites:
  • Boiled eggs smothered in spicy guacamole, on wheat toast
  • "Hot date wraps" consisting of; a whole wheat tortilla, spicy pickle, horseradish, and roast beef
  • A corn tortilla broiled, with a few pickled jalapenos and cheese
  • Mac and cheese with tomato soup mixed in
  • Tortilla and hummus
  • A can of Tuna with dill, and salt and vinegar chips
  • Popcorn with red pepper and Parmesan cheese
  • Chopped cucumbers and tomatoes with feta cheese, and Greek spices
  • Cherry tomatoes and pepperoni 
What do you eat when you eat alone? I would love to hear about everyone's delightful and strange concoctions.

Seriously.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment