Thursday

My daddy can fix anything!


My dad could probably only beat up about half of your dads. But let me tell you something my dad can do. He can fix anything. My poor dad has to deal with more than the average dad because my mom is temporarily without her body. So he gets more than the how do I change a tire call he also gets the how do I fix my life call. But he is good at fixing both situations.

Today the door of my car was frozen shut and at 5:30 in the morning I was already having a bad day and did not want to deal with it so instead of being gentle. I Yanked on it as hard as I could and it opened right up. Which unfortunately lead to it not latching shut so I drove to and from work shifting, steering, and holding my door shut. One call to dad this afternoon and he has a quick fix that worked like a charm. (The guys at work told me to duct tape it and permanently get in from the passenger side. Because that would be hot.)

*He could always get the chain back on my bike and the tire pumped back up... fixed and on the road again.
*When I used 2 cups of butter instead of 2 Tablespoon of butter to make donuts... not fixed but he ate one... confidence fixed.
*I was often sentenced to my room for an indefinite amount of time... or until Dad got home... He is was great at negotiating my release...fixed.
*When all I wanted to do was get rid of all my debt he stepped in and helped me figure out a plan... fixed.
*I called him after my last super bad date... He got me to stop crying... Fixed
*He went with me to the hospital after I jumped off the cliff and landed on it... He had me laughing through "minor surgery"... fixed.
*He told me what to say to the ladies at the clinic when they billed the insurance incorrectly... Hopefully fixed soon.
*I told him I needed more money back on my taxes and I was consulting my "tax professional"... extra cash on it's way from Uncle Sam... fixed.
*I was driving a 92 Honda civic across Wyoming alone when it began to overheat. Alone and stranded in the desert, only able to talk to him occasionally on my cell, I made it safely to school... fixed.
*Just having a bad cruddy day in general... One bite of daddy's chicken wings... fixed.


Seriously anything I call him with, whether it is a weird sound my car is making, or a sad moment my heart is feeling he just fixes it right up and has me back on the road in no time. My Dad can fix anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment