Thursday

Old school TV

With my new job I am alone in my office a lot so the radio is always on. The other morning the DJ had people call in with shows that they wished were still on or that they would re-do. People called in with all kinds of ideas. I have thought a lot about this and here is my list of shows I wish were still on TV:



ALF:
the title character Gordon Shumway, an alien nicknamed ALF (for Alien Life Form)who crash lands in the garage of the suburban middle class Tanner family.


Why:
I have this show on DVD and it is so much funnier than I remember. I use ALF quotes frequently in everyday life. For example: "Gas it! No one's gonna want it!" or "I know my rights I watch people's court." or "I'll have her running trough the streets screaming your name. If the cops don't pick her up, she'll be yours."



Dr. Quinn:
The trials and adventures of a female doctor in a small wild west town.


Why:
Because who didn't watch this growing up? And who didn't love Sully?



Friends:
A Comedy Series based in Manhattan about 6 young friends, in the struggle to find success and happiness in life.


WHY:
Because even the reruns I have watched a thousand times are hilarious. My all time favorite episode is the thanksgiving episode with Brad Pitt when Rachel finds out Ross was in the I hate Rachel club.



C.O.W. Boys of Moo Mesa:
In this cartoon series a comet hits the mesa and the cattle take on human characteristics. The series focuses on trying to keep justice in the frontier territory. Helping out were a group of peacekeepers known as C.O.W. Boys, short for "Code of the West." Led by bull Marshal Moo Montana.


Why:
Who doesn't love a cartoon with cows riding cows? Plus I still hear that opening song in my head from time to time ♪...They're the real cowboys! Standing up for law and order and living by the code of the west♪



Unsolved Mysteries:
Real mysteries and crimes are reenacted and detailed in order to generate tips for solving them.


WHY:
Best show ever made. End of story! UPDATE! Good news while writing this post I found out new episodes begin October 13th on spike!

OTHER SHOWS I HAVE ♥'D OVER THE YEARS:

The Cosby show
Perfect Strangers
Early Edition
Good Morning Miami
The Magnificent Seven
The Andy Griffith Show
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Okay I also love so many old British sitcoms I could do an entire post about just them:

Keeping Up Appearances
Are You Being Served
Are You Being Served Again (Grace and Favour)
Mulberry
Good Neighbors (The Good Life)
'allo 'allo
Black Adder (only the third one)

Like Brother Dale, the morning DJ, let me know what TV shows you wish were still running new episodes.

4 comments:

  1. I agree with all of those. When I was a kid, I watched SOOO many cartoons. Most of them were definitely "little girl" cartoons, but I wish they still showed some of them on t.v! Here's a bunch:
    Moon Dreamers, My Little Ponies, Rainbow Bright, Smurfs, Gummi Bears, Popples, Gloworms, The Wuzzles, Rescue Rangers, Darkwing Duck, Talespin, Duck Tales, X-Men, Thundercats, TMNT, Cpt. Planet, Insp. Gadget, Heathcliff, Teddy Ruxpin, I could go on forever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, i thought of some more...
    puppet shows: Eureka's Castle, Fraggle Rock, and Lamb Chop.
    T.V.: The Wonder Years, C.O.P.S, Family Matters, Reading Rainbow, Mystery Science Theater 3000, Saved by the bell, Full house, Shining time station, growing pains, rescue 911, Quantum Leap! Geez, I miss that show. haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay but you totally came up with some great ones! I totally miss darkwing duck, talespin, inspector gadget, captain planet, and duck tales. HA HA I have fraggle rock on dvd!

    I thought of a few more myself. I miss Family Ties, and Square One!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh Unsolved Mysteries! I loved that show when I was little!

    ReplyDelete