Saturday

Good Juba and my dad

I know I reference my Dad a lot in my blog. I also know I talk about my family in general a ton. Well I really like them.

We have already been over how he is a great cook, how he loves his garden, and how much he likes to go grocery shopping... Today I want to talk about how much he loves good "Juba."

I was uploading some music that he gave me onto my computer today and I had all these memories come flooding back to me. My dad comes out of his bedroom in the morning and will slide into the kitchen singing some song.

For Example:

♪ I love to be home, home where my love lies waiting, home where my musics' playin' ♪
Simon and Garfunkel

♪ I still need you there beside me because I know I'll never find a another you. I could search the whole world over until my life is through, but I know I'll never find another you ♪ Sonny James

♪ For you are beautiful and I have loved you dearly, more dearly than the spoken word can tell ♪

♪ I fell into a burning ring of fire, I went down down down and the flames went higher ♪
Johnny Cash

I wish that I could play for you a video of my dad dancing to these songs. You would laugh. I could do my impression of it if you ask real nice though.

I love it when we would go on trips and listen to the Dirt band. I still have to listen to them when I'm on the road. I can still here it:

♪ My Daddy never promised that our blue moon would turn gold but he laid awake nights wishing that it would ♪ NGDB

♪Just because it's painful it doesn't mean it's real, don't understimate love ♪ NGDB

♪ It's great to be a part of something so good that's lasted so long ♪ NGDB

It funny because I grew up listening to that song on a tape dad made from an old record and it skips like half of one of the verses. When I listen to it my mind still skips over than part of the verse because I heard it so many times that way.

I remember mom making dinner and he would come up behind her and put his arms around her and sing a little Billy Joel, ♪ Don't go changing to try and please me, I take you just the way you are ♪

Me and dad use to commute into Pennsylvania together every morning during the summers of high school. One of our favorites was an old Hamilton, Joe Frank, and Reynolds songs ♪ Don't pull your love out on me honey, take my heart my soul my money, but don't leave me to drown here in my tears ♪

I remember when me and Katy were really little dad use to put records on and we would dance all around the living room with him. Crazy songs like, ♪ Put the lime in the coconut ♪ Cover of the Rolling Stone ♪ Billy don't be a hero ♪ or ♪ Don't mess around with Jim ♪ We also really liked the song ♪ God Bless the USA ♪ by Lee Greenwood.

I can't end this blog without making a reference to his favorite country song, which will forever be one of my all time favorites too. I remember playing this over and over while we drove through Texas one summer... ♪ Amarillo by Morning, up from San Antone, Everything that I got is just what I've got on. When that sun is high in that Texas sky I'll be bucking at the county fair, Amarillo I'll be there... ♪


Dad, thanks so much for the music and the memories I am uploading to my computer this morning.

2 comments:

  1. Good to see your dad's best side on your blog!

    FUN!

    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to meet your dad.

    ReplyDelete