Friday

I lost a small piece of myself today...

I cut, what I would call a sizable chunk, out of my hand today at work with a carpet knife. I tried to ignore it for a bit while I tried to finish cutting a piece of carpet to put under my desk. Unfortunately it is light colored carpet and the amount of blood was starting to give the carpet a pattern I hadn't originally bargained for.

This dilemma lead me to the front where the first aid kit is. There were two members of senior management sitting there and I calmly said to them

"Nobody panic, I'm going just going to grab a bandaid."

No response....

"Seriously guys. I don't want anyone making a big deal about this."

No response...

"Ok guys, I appreciate the concern but it's really ok I just need to get a band aid and I'll be on my way."

No response...

"Does anyone know if there is anything in here to clean out a gapping wound?"

No response...

"Listen, if someone will just help me find an alcohol swab or something so I can get the HIV out of what's left of my hand that would be great."

One of them finally starts giggling... That was it.

I don't want anyone to worry though. I think I just might be ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment