Monday

P.S. Babe, What the Heck?

To The Future Mr. Annie Hall.

It's been awhile since I wrote last. You are still missing. I came home tonight after a hot date and was dying to talk to you. But umm... You weren't here. You are missing it. You are missing all of it. Although once you are here I won't have crazy dates to tell you about. You'll be the crazy. Instead of telling you the crazy thing my date asked or said, I can tell you the crazy thing Charlie told me and we can laugh about it then tuck him into bed. But we can't do any of that until we provide a body for him. He's still waiting babe. Come find us.

Life is so great, and funny, and just when I think it's falling into place the bottom falls out. I'm ready to catch a break. Seriously. Or at least have you here to laugh at me as I stumble through. I mean laugh with me, or I'll punch you.

I'm happy, I really am. I want to share that with you. I want to be part of your happy. I wrote you a song tonight. You are going to love it! If I can still remember it when I find you. It's embarrassing when I laugh at my own jokes. But I'm funny and the song is perfect. Um... You like that I can't sing right? Please bless!

I didn't attend FHE tonight. I am so over activities where I feel like I'm at girls camp. I'm ready for finger puppets, and the peanut butter boy, and "mom Charlie isn't paying attention!" It's your turn to conduct family business. Tonight's family business is where the heck is dad!?

I explained to them that you are working on something very important tonight. You are becoming a better you and are one day closer to finding us. In the mean time we have projects of our own we are working on. The kids are taking important training classes like how to live with a crazy mom. I'm working on the GRE. I could use some tutoring. Seriously, I haven't taken a math class in 12 years.

We are okay waiting. Just don't take too much longer. I don't want to have to get all Saturday's Warrior here. I hope you haven't forgotten about us. Of course that's just silly talk. You are probably wondering where the heck I am tonight and why I haven't gotten my act together so The Lord will allow our paths to cross. Well babe, I've got news for you. I'm not sure I'll ever really have my act together... especially not without you.

Please hurry. I saved a spot for you on the couch.

1 comment:

  1. Good steal. :) This post is lovely. You and I, well, we are in very similar boats. Keep your chin up.

    ReplyDelete