Wednesday

But Seriously... Thanks!

To all the men I have dated... and "dated." That's right, I mean you. 

I am so grateful for you. That's right all of you. I have been thinking lately of how truly blessed I've been.

Thank you for respecting me. I hate when you send me home at 11 because I just want to stay with your arms around me. Thank you for putting that aside so we can both be functional for work in the morning.

I am not the only one who is grateful that you never pushed the line. Thanks for treating me like a daughter of God. I don't have to tell you I like kissing, you know I do, but respect is sexy. Thank you for never asking me to compromise OUR standards. It made me feel safe with you, and that's another very attractive trait.

Thank you for truly knowing me. The ins and outs, highs and lows... the details. For seeing me at my worst and loving me anyway. 

Thank you for making me laugh.

Thanks for all the dates at Formosa when you'd have rather eaten about anywhere else.

Thank you for being honest with me. I never had to wonder what I meant to you. I never had to feel insecure.

Thank you for loving my family. For chatting with mom, for playing with the babes. They really like you guys.

Thank you for sharing your families. I love how easily they open their hearts and homes to me and made me feel like one of them. I can't tell you how much that has meant to me over the years.

Some of you had big secrets, things maybe you hadn't even admitted to yourself. But you were honest with me. You trusted me with your secret and your heart. We loved each other through it. I hope you are stronger for it and know how much I love you.

Thank you for reminding me even now that you love me and that I'm beautiful. That I am worth it. 

Thank you for loving me through the hardest times of my life, when I was a little crazy and didn't always have the strength to love you back the way you deserved. I appreciate your patience.

I could not have asked for better men in my life. The Lord has truly blessed me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment