Saturday

I give up!

I don't typically share much about my dating life. I like to keep that really private, and for the most part I feel like he deserves that respect from me. I mean we are typically nervous enough on a date without worrying about the other party giving a play by play on the web. Tonight I don't care.

I was set up on a blind date tonight. I was really nervous because the guy is fabulously wealthy and that is really intimidating for me. I had a friend tell me that I needed to get over it because I was discriminating against rich people. So I was racked with guilt and agreed to go.

I will say this. He was really hot. He treated me really well... Opened doors, complimented me, conversation was easy. Until after dinner!

So after dinner he started asking me REALLY personal questions. I mean REALLY personal questions. It about that time that I just started to feel sick inside and was starting to think of every possible way to get out of the situation and go home.

I am not sure I have ever prayed that hard. When he put his arm around me I almost started to cry. Any way I got him to drop me back off at my car eventually. After I locked the door and before I did anything else I called Zac. I talked to him most of the way home. As soon as I hung up with him I started to bawl and actually pulled over and threw up.

I am home now. Just me and Mosely. I have never been more happy to be home in my very own house. I have never been more grateful for my best friend. I do not deserve him. I honestly don't.

I typically don't care about being single. I am happy with who I am and the place I am at in my life. I never want to go on another date though. Tonight left me wondering for the first time in a long time... "Where the heck are you? What could you possibly be doing tonight? Why aren't you here with me? How many more of these experiences do I have to have before you decide to show yourself? I don't know what it is that is keeping you but you better hurry before I get a cat!"

2 comments:

  1. Annie....I'm sorry. This is no good, but don't give up and there is NOTHING wrong with getting a cat! :)

    P.S. Don't forget to return my call one of these days silly lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give me his name!!! I'll find him and hurt him!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete