Saturday

Why I read the paper.

I LOVE to read the paper! Sorry Tommy I tried to change but I just couldn't do it. So anyway two days ago I was reading the paper and started laughing out loud.

The first story that caught my eye was this one: In order to increase the birth rate in the nation of Singapore they have started teaching formal High School courses on how to flirt. The course includes love song analysis and how to chat online. Says one student: "My teacher said if a guy looks into my eyes for more than five seconds, it could mean that he is attracted to me, and I stand a chance." First of all Yikes! Second of all how can I get signed up for these classes. Do they teacher them distance ed or satellite?

Wait! The second story gets better. It is the very next story on the page. In India they are looking for ways to slow the nation's birthrate so they have instituted this ingenious idea. Men who volunteer for vasectomies will be rewarded with certificates that speed up the process of obtaining a gun permit. The idea is to offset the feelings of lost manhood by replacing it "with a bigger symbol of manliness." Now I am not a guy but which do you think is a bigger symbol of manliness, the ability to reproduce or the ability to shoot a firearm legally? Which still leaves the biggest question unanswered... Who comes up with this stuff?

No comments:

Post a Comment