Saturday

Saturday at Winco....

Holy Crap! Normally I avoid the grocery store altogether on the weekends. This week however, I just haven't had the time until today. I basically wanted to stab my own eyes out! How do people not know how to navigate an aisle? I seriously sat on the end of an aisle for 8 minutes until the people at the end could figure out how to get through. There was absolutely no rhyme or reason to any of it. Then once it would finally get a little unjumbled and a few people would make it through somebody would stop right in the middle of it all to grab a can of tuna. AND spend a few minutes deciding if they wanted it in oil or water. I don't know about you but isn't it a pretty easy concept to stay on the right side? It's like driving. I thought that was a social norm, or as we learned in school, a moray.

Then Katy decides to make eyes and smile at some creepy guy in the aisle. Wouldn't you know he "magically" ends up behind us in the checkout and starts talking to us.

Dude: I didn't know Ramen came in spicy flavors?
Kate: Oh yeah you gotta have a little spice in your life.
me: Yeah it's the only one I'll eat. I'm a little snotty about my Ramen.
Dude: Oh man have you guys tried the Habenero flavored ones?
Me: I wasn't aware they had that flavor, I'm not a connoisseur or anything.
Dude: So how are you ladies today?
Me: Welp have a good day!

P.S. His wife just stood there totally MAD!

So between that and Katy wanting to touch all the brown babies it was a good day at Winco.

3 comments:

  1. I just want a brown baby!!!! I loved the post. That guy was awesome, and made up in confidence for what he lacked in teeth!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. With his wife right there. That dude is a genious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh tell Katy she will get a "brown baby" soon enough!

    Great post!

    Jarom's over. I'm trying to talk him into going to Kearney High.

    ReplyDelete