Tuesday

White trash with money

Last night I was at dinner with friends. Somehow we got on the topic of Nebraska and someone started talking about my dad and his overall's and talking in a redneck accent. I said "yeah that's right can you see my dad, the department head of accounting and finance, teaching class in his overalls?" I said this because I saw the Nebraskan they saw in their mind and I knew that wasn't what my dad was.

Although I was thinking about it later... I may have been a little hasty. We have two, wait three cars, that don't run in the front yard. Oh and here's the best part of that... He is selling off parts of the truck to a neighbor a part at a time... A headlight here, a windshield there. Yeah that is classy.

Ok it gets better. Dad bought an old Honda motorcylce, it's a beast. So his ingenious idea is he'll park it in the basement of the house we are building. So he drives it in and parks it. The problem comes when he goes to drive it out as it is now in the middle of the family room of our completed home. Driving it in was no problem as the basement door was framed to fit a door and a sidelight. Now both are in place and, surprise the bike isn't fitting back out the door. I bet none of my friends can watch TV from the seat of their motorcycle.

So anyway, maybe they were closer to the truth than I'd like to admit. But you couldn't love your family anymore than I do. And any of my friends are welcome to stop by my white trash home anytime they are driving through on I-80. You'll know the exit, just look for Aunt Lou's truck stop just before Kearney.

No comments:

Post a Comment