Thursday

I am Annie Hall

I am a girl.
I am possessive of my friends.
I forgive and forget so easily that I often let poisonous people back into my life.
I Run away from emotional pain and confront the possibility of physical pain head on.
I do really stupid things.
I speak before I think.
I cause drama.
I hate drama.
I am too critical of others.
I am often disappointed when I don't meet my own unreal expectations.
I see the best in others but too frequently discuss the worst.
I refuse to ask for help.
I say out loud what everyone else is thinking.
I think I am cute but wish I was beautiful.
I am fiercely protective of my friends and family.
I need people.
I need compliments.
I crave validation.
I can't stand the thought of even one person not liking me.
I am jealous when the men in my life spend time with other women, unless I'm dating them, then I don't care.
If I get a paper cut you will hear about it. If my leg falls off I'll ignore it.
I try on 12 different outfits in the morning before I get it right, and the wrong ones go on the floor.
I don't wear makeup everyday.
I fall in love with men who are unavailable, not married ones, unavailable in other ways.
I need quality time to feel loved.
I don't like chocolate.
I have too many purses.




I don't feel as though I am all that different from most girls. We are fooling ourselves if we think any of us are free from drama, hard days, hurt feelings, miscommunication, etc. Some come loaded with a lot more than others but we all have some. The question becomes, are there enough good things about me to outweigh the bad? I know some people who think so. I am so grateful today for those people in my life who over look the bad parts of Annie and see only the good. Because that is a quality I treasure and am striving to develop myself. Please bless it happens quickly.

2 comments:

  1. What is there not to love about Annie Hall!? You are witty, fun, smart and hilarious! You make me smile! I just love ya! Come to Logan someday and see me. PS Bring me a whole cheesecake for myself too, would ya? I miss your cheese cake ALL of the days!!!

    ReplyDelete