Wednesday

Waiting for butterflies

Just recently I was "presented" with the opportunity to begin dating a young man I have known now for a few months. In the past week or so I have begun to get little inklings that this was coming.

I sometimes feel like at this point in my life, should I really be turning any worthy man away? But I realized I had to stop it ASAP when my prayers began to sound something like this: "Heavenly Father I know you have someone out there for me, and I know you have a plan for me, and I know you know me better than I know myself. But please please please don't let this be HIM!"

Now I know we hear stories all the time about people who didn't care for each other and then they fall madly in love. My parents didn't really like each other too much at first. Dad thought mom was a spoiled rich girl (not true) and she thought dad spent too much time flirting with the shallow girls. (probably true, but in his defense he says they were hot) Anyway that just isn't going to be the case here.

But tonight I had an epiphany. Would my loving father in heaven really have picked someone out for me if the thought of a relationship with him threw me into a panic? I say no. I am ready for someone I can be excited about. So you can all be excited for me. I know I am getting to be an old maid but I STILL refuse to settle! I still deserve butterflies.

No comments:

Post a Comment