Thursday

Friends I love, miss and wish I kept in better contact with...

In the spirit of my Valentine post i want to give a quick mention to a few other people who have blessed my life.

MYK~ I will never forget all of our "meetings" in the walk in. Remember the dead cat in the snow drift? I still have a picture of that. I will love you forever for that night at the train station when you held me and made sure I didn't look. Thanks for being a man.

PEET~ I thought you were too popular for me. I'm sorry I didn't seek out our friendship sooner. Thanks for loving me even though I am a Mormon girl and you are a naughty Catholic girl. I'm glad I was around to keep Mrs. Parent from eating you. P.S. Annie Hall leaves New York in the end.

Amber~ Remember the crush I had on Sterl? I miss our late night dance/karaoke parties with my hot pink guitar. I loved our late night "girl talks" and plotting to get Steph kissed. That kinda back fired didn't it? I hope everything goes well today with your babies. Congrats on becoming a mommy!

Kay~ Two words Bad Santa! Thanks for being my valentine last year. Was it only a year ago? Thanks for trying sushi even though you were scared. Thanks for making me float the canal, I had fun floating it with your friends while you were in the ER. Oh and for enjoying the "outdoor" eye candy with me.

Steven~ You like it when I hit on your dad. You like it when I talk all the way through Titanic and laugh during the "touching" scenes. How come you like such lame movies? Wait don't answer that. Thanks for always being willing to try a new "page" with me. I think page 174 is still my favorite. Oh and don't forget the good times in AP institute.

Hayley & Monte~ I am jealous much that you live somewhere warm. I have so much respect for the two of you. Thanks for being one of the few people who can get married and still have single friends. Oh and P.S. There ARE Philadelphia pretzels I found an entire pamphlet on them.

Lolly Pants & P.J.~ I was so so poor and you scraped the most random things together and made an amazing dinner. You have a home that I always feel welcome in, (when it's not naked day.) There are very few people that when I am in their homes I don't feel like a guest and yours is one of them. I don't know anyone else I could stay up that late with playing canasta and/or Settlers of Catan. I hate it that you left me but I am glad your life is better in Oklahoma.

Melissa~ I'm glad that you are still my friend after meeting my family in their element. You can see where I get it now huh? I'm glad your mom didn't judge me when David left at 4 in the morning. Thanks for teaching me to climb, even if it was harder to teach me than the boy scouts. I adore it now and would never have tried it without you. There are so many things I would never have tried without you. I.E. My new favorite kind of pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment